Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Luminous reflections

"This is the mirror-like nature of consciousness: reflective, luminous, untarnished, and peaceful."  -- Jack Kornfield, The Wise Heart

After waking to this view this morning and reading this lovely passage, I decided to set aside the pieces I've been working on and give us both something calmer and more peaceful to contemplate.

I love those words -- reflective, luminous, untarnished, peaceful -- and I confess it's been a while since I was in touch with that part of myself.  Perhaps today I should spend some time looking out this window and letting the cool pinks and bright greens of spring wash over me...

But this afternoon I'll be going to a track meet -- my first -- so mostly I'm just hoping it doesn't rain, as it looks like we may be there a while...

In the meantime, I invite you to find a minute in your day to breathe into that reflective luminous self and let its peace fill your soul...

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Lovely vision.

Louise Gallagher said...

As I busily get ready to leap into my day, I am very grateful for this reminder to simply stop, breathe, be still and feel the presence of ..

Love.

Reflective luminous self. Peaceful soul.

Thanks my friend!

gotta run :) It's launch day.

And I carry with me the reminder to ... Stop. Be still. And feel my way through each moment.

Breathe.