Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Outside the box

I'm still reading Cynthia Bourgeault's Holy Trinity and the Law of Three, and I'm realizing that all the times I've felt really blocked and helpless in my life have been resolved by stepping outside the box to find a resolution.

At first this could look like running away, but I'm coming to understand the two actions are not the same; that stepping outside the box is a way of opening things up and allowing in more possibilities.

... which is not to say that any box is bad, but only that we can outgrow them, and that once that happens we can choose to run around in circles howling, like a dog that's been fenced in too long, or we can take a leap, crawl under the fence, push out the walls -- whatever it takes to enlarge our previous conception of what the world could be.

I'm not sure where this is going, but it's fun to think about...

No comments: