Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Having trouble lying...

I know -- this is supposed to be a mostly serious and thoughtful blog.  But my blogsister Louise has passed on something called a Memetastic Award, so I feel honor bound to honor it and pass it on again to some other wonderful bloggers.  So here's how it works:  when you get the award, you have to...

✦ Link back to the blogger who bestows the award. (✓) (Recover Your Joy)

✦ Display the image from the award creator (see graphic below). (✓)

✦ Pass the award on to five (5) other bloggers who must follow these rules. (✓)

✦ Link the post back, so Jillsmo can follow its trajectory. (✓)

And then the fifth, and not so easy to accomplish requirement ('cause it means I am supposed to tell a lie -- well, actually, four lies,to be exact...)

✦ List five (5) facts, four (4) of which must be lies. (I failed; see below)

Okay.

First off, here are five wonderful bloggers whose photos and words never fail to inspire me:

     Joyce at Peaceful Legacies
     Karen at Gberger
     Kim at Prayers for the Oft Traveled Road
     Patricia at Improv Wisdom
     and Altar Ego at Reverent Irreverence

And now for the lies.

Well.  Hmm.  This is hard.

Actually, this is really hard.  I keep writing stuff down and erasing it.

The truth is so much more bizarre and interesting; lies mostly seem kinda boring.

Patricia: this may explain why I struggle so with Improv!

So I've just decided to be defiant and not go there.  Feel free to suggest a lie or two of your own -- perhaps it's the late hour, but I just don't seem to have the brains to do this!  Maybe I can just copy over Louise's lies?  But that would be cheating...

Oh, well.  Maybe tomorrow I'll come up with some lies.  But for now I think I'll just go to bed.  G'nite!

5 comments:

Louise Gallagher said...

Tee hee! I sorta looked at writing the four lies as creating fiction -- what would the 'character' Louise have as her truth? And then, I just let the creative genies do their work! :)

I like that you got defiant. It reminds me that I don't have to write by the rules.

Sleep well my lovely blogsister. having known you since childhood when we birthed stories in the dead of night and set them free to prance upon moonbeams in the dark, one of my favourite stories about you is the time you wrote an entire poem in the sand and then took pictures of it each time the tide washed in. Remember how you then turned those photos into one of those cartoon/animated books called -- Tidal wash and other tales of the sea. :)

Maureen said...

The award was passed to me, and I passed it to Louise. She was the only one who identified my one truth. One of my friends called me "cunning" then later took a (wrong) guess. I exempted myself from commenting on Louise's lies.

What Louise failed to mention in that little story of hers above was how many copies of your book I sold, without you knowing it, and how I donated all the receipts, electronically of course, to a Pacific Northwest organization where artists retire when they have no more art to make.

Diane Walker said...

That photo, by the way,
is of the rug I wove
upon my daughter's inca loom
while working at her camp;
it lies beneath the ceiling where I slept,
reflecting back the angles there,
and serves as a reminder
of my extraordinary expertise
as a weaver of stories...

Patricia Ryan Madson said...

I am THRILLED to be tagged for this outstanding award. Actually lying isn't hard at all. Think of it as creative fiction. It is a form of improv. And, as long as it isn't intended to hurt someone . . . well, heck it's fun. (Although I'll know better when I try and write my four lies. It is your amazing thoughts and photographs that rock my world. I look forward to following the rules and posting something soon. I am now in your debt.

Joyce Wycoff said...

The memetastic award is a compliment and an honor that I will treasure.

it reminds me of the time when maureen, louise, diane and i
set out for the beach and found a shell that sang so sweetly
we couldn't remember our troubles and then discovered a
silly old man who had thrown all the capitals into the sea and
just stood there waiting for them to float back. last i heard
he was still standing there.