Monday, May 6, 2013

God's artistry

Having just posted a heron picture a couple of days ago, I feel a bit apologetic about posting another.  But I found the astonishing geometrics and colors of this image, taken last night at sunset, to be just irresistible!  Those golden streaks are reflections of the sun in the windows of the house just above the heron; aren't they fabulous?

... and it's okay to say that, right?  Because I didn't create them; I simply was lucky enough to see and capture them.  As much fun as I'm having painting, it still seems like a huge responsibility to develop a composition, and much more fun to simply respond to what is. 

But perhaps this is just that inevitable human tendency to compare ourselves to others. In which case -- given that I am comparing my artistry to God's -- my work must inevitably pale in comparison!

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Really lovely image.