Thursday, December 27, 2012

The infinite wheel of being

Mark Nepo, in The Book of Awakening, tells us each of us is a spoke in an Infinite Wheel, the center of which is our common core and the rim of which is our living sense of community, family and relationship.  "Though each spoke is essential in keeping the Wheel whole, no two spokes are the same... So, as I move out into the world, I live out my uniqueness, but when I dare to look into my core, I come upon the one common center where all lives begin.  In that center, we are one and the same. In this way, we live out the paradox of being both unique and the same.  For mysteriously and powerfully, when I look deep enough into you, I find me, and when you dare to hear my fear in the deepest recesses of your heart, you recognize it as your own."

1 comment:

Maureen said...

He speaks as he writes. . . very inspirational.