Friday, December 21, 2012

From the heart, not the head

I had a picture in my head of where this painting was supposed to go.  But I didn't have the skills to make that picture happen, so ended up with something completely different.  And what does that tell me?  For some reason it makes me think of something a friend posted on Facebook yesterday: 

Don’t grieve over what doesn’t come.
Some things that don’t happen
Keep disaster from happening.

-Rumi


So what "disaster" was prevented by my not painting what I saw in my head?  Perhaps it was just the disaster of painting out of my head instead of my heart...

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Love to you in the holiday season, Diane. Wishing you peace and joy in the coming new year.

Joyce Wycoff said...

Diane ... you continually inspire me with the beauty of your images and your spirit. I am looking forward to continuing our journey in 2013. May it bring you great joy!