Wednesday, December 22, 2010

All is calm, all is bright

I woke up this morning craving blue: calm, stillness, reflection...

So, on the off chance that you -- in the midst of holiday preparations and craziness, surrounded by flashing reds and greens -- may also be craving blue,
I offer you this soothing image.

I invite you to step into it -- not to drown, but simply to sink down, to float, and release; to feel the depths of your soul rocking gently in the waves, to let that ribbon of light reach deep into your heart; to let it reflect and resonate there. 

Feel the lightness of the mountain lifting the tension in your brow; feel the groundedness of that dark horizon softening and opening across your shoulders and your chest.  Know the permanence of mountain, sky and sea; feel the brief tempest as the boat full of activities stirs the waters, then passes on...

Breathe in the blue, and rest.

Breathe in.

Slow.

Breathe.

Peace, my friends.

Peace.

3 comments:

Joyce Wycoff said...

Breathing blue ... beautiful!

Maureen said...

Wonderful!

So calming to read.

Louise Gallagher said...

thank you my friend.

This is exactly what I needed this morning -- and whenever I feel the need over the next couple of days, I shall come here to restore myself.

Lovely!