Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Freudian slip?

Here I am with the largest of my metal pieces in the new Patterns show at Bainbridge Arts and Crafts Gallery.

This was actually the second time this photo was taken. The first photo session, done by a friend who works at the gallery, was absolutely wonderful -- one of those rare photos that, when you look at it, makes you think, "Hey, I'm not bad looking for a 60-something!"

But when I got home and cropped it, I was a little too excited about it, and without thinking I saved the cropped version with the same name on the memory card instead of renaming it and saving it elsewhere on my computer.

For some reason my new computer HATES it when I do that, and goes off into the ozone AND trashes the file, making it unreadable.  So I had to do a restart, lost the photo, and had to go back to the gallery and re-shoot the picture.  The energy was just different the second time around, so while this one is okay, some part of me is pouting and saying "But you shoulda seen the one that got away!"  And, of course, that internal judge, my superego, is trying to do its little incantation about the freudian slip of losing a good image of myself, and what a fool I am to have made such an idiotic mistake.  I am choosing not to see it that way; perhaps for some reason it was important to go back with my husband and let him take the shot...


As you can see from these additional photos, the exhibit is a lovely one, and I am in great company -- lots of gorgeous quilts and paintings and glass pieces (arrows indicate my pieces). If you happen to be in the area, I encourage you to check it out!

6 comments:

Gberger said...

You do look great!
And we saw this exhibit last weekend - it's so colorful, rich and texture-filled, and so welcome in this gray weather!

Maureen said...

Looks like a great show, and I like that piece you're standing before.

C. Robin Janning said...

Wonderful, Diane!

Louise Gallagher said...

I wish I was in the area so that I could check it out.

And I think you look fabulous!

Clark C. said...

I love it! How long is it going to be there?

Diane Walker said...

Hi Clark -- it's up through November; I'm off wandering through Saturday, but if you want to squeeze a visit in after that I'll give you a personal tour!