Monday, November 22, 2010

Blessings in the ordinary

Believe it or not, this is my first photograph of San Francisco -- it's of the car rental counter at the San Francisco airport.  We left home in a driving snowstorm this morning, headed for the airport, and now we're in California with our kids and my husband's family.

I've just finished the first of what will be many delicious dinners; we've introduced our daughter's boyfriend to the family, and I'm fading rapidly.

So I'll keep this short and sweet, and just say this: I'm not sure how much I'll be able to get to this over the next few days.  But I am very thankful for all of you who take the time to hop over to this blog, for all your kind comments, and for your inspiration.  I wish each of you a blessed week and a joyful Thanksgiving, and invite you, in these economically challenging times, to remember how very much we still have to be grateful for.  I suspect there's more than you can begin to imagine: just take a look at what's ordinary in your life, and I suspect you'll see it's really extraordinary.

3 comments:

Louise Gallagher said...

Like your photography -- the ordinary made extraordinary.

Have a blessed and fulfilling thanksgiving weekend.

Hugs

Louise

Maureen said...

I'm coming late to this particular post but extend to you, too, my deepest thanks for your friendship and wish you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving week.

Denise said...

I'm late to this, but the photo caught my eye as a great example, as you say, of the ordinary being extraordinary. With Thanksgiving one week gone, I'm still grateful for people who share great images that inspire reflection.