Tuesday, October 1, 2013

When the going gets tough...

What on earth would keep me up until almost midnight creating something this out of character? Is it that I'm already tired of the gray and the rain and longing for spring? Or am I just itching for a good romance novel?

Truth be told, I suspect this is about whistling in the dark: I hate what's going on with our government right now, and am deeply worried about the ramifications. So much easier to hide in a world of frivolous fantasy. I guess, when the going gets tough, the tough get 'shopping...

But probably, as my friend Rilla just pointed out, it's my subliminal awareness that this is the first day of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Given that all my prayers lately seem to be concerned with friends who are struggling with cancer, it seems entirely appropriate to start of the month with a good strong dose of pink.

No comments: