Thursday, October 10, 2013

Soothing the heart

Do you ever have those mornings when you wake up and realize you just don't like yourself all that much?

It helps -- for me at least -- to remember the spiritual path is really not about perfection, or even striving for perfection.  It's more about staying open, being aware, noticing where you get caught, what needs work, what's beckoning... and about trusting: staying attuned to the love that lies beneath and irradiates everything.

... which is why I shoot -- and love -- images like this one.  Something about it opens and soothes my disappointed heart...

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Do you ever have those mornings when you wake up and realize you just don't like yourself all that much?

Nope, but as a federal employee, I've been having a lot of them lately where I wake up and don't like Congress all that much...

altar ego said...

I haven't been here in a while (my loss!), but am glad I stopped by. This is a wonderful image, and is soothing to many places in my soul. Sort of feels like the ripples of the water are washing into places that need the gentle lapping of connection. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Yes. Which is one of the many reasons I come to your blog. You help me to feel better about myself and remain open to what is. ♥

Diane Walker said...

Me, too, Cheryl.

... and I'm glad you stopped by, too; all three of you. Thanks for the visit!