Monday, April 1, 2013

Finding peace in strange places

I woke up feeling almost myself again this morning -- which is a good thing, as my husband, who's been so incredibly supportive while I've struggled with these back issues, may have to fly out to New Jersey today.  His father had surgery last week and was recovering nicely, but this morning he's back in the ICU with some serious respiratory issues.

So why would I post a photo of this goofy giant hamster I found floating over a used car lot? Because even a hamster knows exactly what we need right now: peace.  At times like this I am so grateful for all the Bible verses instilled in me over the years.  Because as we sit by the phone waiting for news, this is the verse that came to my ears when I saw this image:  "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid." (John 14:27)

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Sending a big hug and love. Wishing your FIL a speedy recovery. Blessings.