Friday, April 27, 2012

Soul food

Earlier this week a friend called to ask if I'd be willing to ride with her to Anacortes to deliver one of her paintings to a gallery there.  And -- oh, by the way -- would I like to visit the tulip fields in the Skagit Valley.

So I spent yesterday in a car, driving through the rain to Anacortes.  To be honest, once we had dropped off the painting we decided (given the weather) it would be more fun to go gallery hopping in La Conner than to struggle through the muddy fields.

But I did get to do a drive-by shooting or two.  And I got to spend some time photographing old metal and barns as well.  Best of all, I had the opportunity to converse at length with a gifted artist about painting, and I think that's given me the impetus I need to go back and try again.

I really want to do that.

And, yes, it was great to get out with my camera, too; it's been too long.  Don't these colors just feed your soul?

1 comment:

Maureen said...

What a stunning sight it must be to come across those fields of flowers. Gorgeous!