Sunday, August 29, 2010

Pssst: Pass it on!

Yesterday I received two blog awards from Maureen at Writing Without Paper.   In the spirit of the rules that accompany these symbols of recognition, she was passing on the honors and let me know I was among those on whom she was bestowing the badges.

  Unfortunately five of the bloggers I read just got these awards from Maureen, so I can't give out all 15 that I'm supposed to share, but I'm delighted to pass on the honors to the following:

✭ Glynn at Faith, Fiction, Friends
✭ Kim at Prayers for the Oft-Traveled Road and One Year Here
✭ Karen at Gberger
✭ Robin at the Episcopal Cafe Art Blog and Gramercy Digital Diary
✭ Nancy at Ballyhoo Hobnob Crossroads
✭ Martha at Reflectionary
✭ Anne at Reverent Irreverence
✭ Sunrise Sister at Mind Sieve


The intent in passing on these acknowledgments is simple: to express my admiration and appreciation for your fine and always interesting writing, the time you take to acknowledge and respond to followers' comments, and the community you help create, encourage, and nurture all over the Web.

The "rules", such as they are, follow, as well as images of the badges, which you can "grab" and upload to your own pages, if you like. You may award both accolades to the same group of people or one to one group and the other to a different group, or mix them up; the choice is yours.

The Versatile Blogger Award


► Acknowledge the award and thank and link back to the person bestowing it. A good way to do this is through a post such as this.

► Pass on the award to 15 other bloggers.

► Let the new recipients know you've selected them.

Optional:

► Share seven things about yourself that your readers or followers might not know. (I allowed myself this option this time. See "Seven Bits" below.)

► Post the badge to your blog.

One Lovely Blog Award



► Acknowledge the award and thank the person who bestowed it. Consider doing so publicly via a post such as this, an e-mail, or a tweet. 

► Pass on the award to 15 other bloggers.

► Let the new recipients know you've selected them.

Optional:

► Post the image of the badge to your blog. 

Seven RANDOM Bits of Information About Me
 
1. Even though I don't have cable I LOVE Project Runway.  I watch reruns on Netflix (but never more than once).

2.  I also love Big Bang Theory.

3.  I used to teach quilting at the League of NH Crafts.

4.  My all-time favorite mystery is Dorothy Sayers' book, Gaudy Night.

5.  I have watched the Talking Heads Movie, True Stories, over a hundred times (almost all of them with a small child on my lap).

6.  The first car -- the first ANYTHING -- I ever bought with my husband was a bright red Karmann Ghia, and my heart still leaps whenever I see one on the road.

7.  I learned to program in BASIC at Dartmouth Summer School in 1966.

5 comments:

Louise Gallagher said...

I passed on this award to you today!

And... I own a 1968 red karmann Ghia right now!

Diane Walker said...

OMG! Ours was a 1971, I believe. I just adored it, but we passed it off to my dad when our kids came along. He loved it, even though he was 6'4" and had to drive with his knees pressed against the dashboard...

Maureen said...

I'm having so much fun reading everyone's "Seven things...." I can see you in that red KG easily; Louise, too.

Dianna Woolley said...

Thank you, thank you - I'll get to word on those "7 things:)" I'm so glad to be blogging again - yes, the silly muse finally has forgiven me for whatever and has been in residence lately:)

xoxo

Gberger said...

Thank you so much for these awards, Diane. I am humbled and grateful. I will take on the assignment as soon as I catch up! Blessings to you, your family and your neighbors.