Thursday, August 12, 2010

Off into the sunset

I had to go into the city yesterday evening for a practice coaching session; just missed the 8:10 ferry home: here it is, heading off into the sunset without me.

... which is what I'm about to do: head off into the sunset without you.  I've volunteered to be an artist-in-residence at a camp up on Orcas Island, and will be spending the next week or so teaching kids between the ages of 9 and 14 about fiber arts, drawing, painting, and mask making.

It should be great fun, and I'll get to spend some time with my younger daughter (and, yes, the older one is back from Mongolia and delighted to be home).  But it seems unlikely I'll have much in the way of internet access, so -- though I may well be blogging -- I suspect I won't be able to post anything til I get home.

So I wish you all a good week, and hope you'll still be here when I return; I appreciate you more than you could possibly know.

Peace and comfort,
Diane

3 comments:

Maureen said...

What a fabulous activity. I'm sure you'll come refreshed (if tired). Enjoy!

Joyce Wycoff said...

We'll miss you ... but what lucky kids!

Louise Gallagher said...

Dearest beautiful Diane,

I shall be here waiting your words nad your spirit. You are a gift of light on my path.

Hugs -- have a beautiful, fun and wonderful week!

Louise