Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Where I once sang


It gently faded, all I once believed in.
I am glad there is a world that seems to go on
where I once sang.

All I ever knew is still a part of me,
and will be forever.

All I ever knew is like a mouse,
living in a tiny hole in the palace I have become.

 Since God gave me the key to myself,
I know the movement of every limb, fin and leaf.
I could tell you how many hairs exist
on every creature on earth.

Sometimes it, that sweet little rodent,
comes out and we look at each other,

and I even talk to that wondrous world
where I once lived,
as I am doing right now.

 -- Hafiz

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Something shifted ever so gently inside of me as i read this, like seeing my self from this spacious place where I connect with All That Is. Beautiful, Diane, just beautiful.