Sunday, September 5, 2010

Put this Design in your Carpet

Any movement or sound is a profession of faith,
as the millstone grinding is explaining
how it believes in the river.
No metaphor can explain this,
but I cannot stop pointing to the beauty.

Every moment and place says,
Put this design in your carpet.

I want to be in such a passionate adoration
that my tent gets pitched against the sky.

Let the beloved come
and sit like a guard dog
in front of the tent.

When the ocean surges,
don't let me just hear it.
Let it splash inside my chest.



Rumi, A Year With Rumi (September 3)

4 comments:

D.M. SOLIS said...

Beautiful post. Beautiful blog. Thank you, dear one.

Peace,
Diane

Unknown said...

That's gorgeous, and one I did not know. Thanks for posting it.

Louise Gallagher said...

One of my favourites..

'let it splash inside my chest.'

ah yes.

Kimberly Mason said...

This really moved the artist in me. I know it did you. The earth is covered with designs for my carpet...