Sunday, December 22, 2013

Seeking calm in the midst of chaos

We spent most of yesterday moving boxes and furniture (my husband was making references to deck chairs and the Titanic); re-organizing the house to solve a number of logistical problems involving multiple guests, cat hairs on my paintings, kitty asthma, and our mutual addiction to the printed word... and then I headed off for my final performance in "It's a Wonderful Life."

So, while I would love to share a bit of serenity here for those of you who feel consumed and overwhelmed by the Christmas Rush, I find I haven't much to offer!  Rather than manufacture the illusion of calm where none seems to currently exist, I've elected to share with you a brief video I created a couple of years ago.  Hopefully by tomorrow the chaos in the house will have abated and I'll be "back in the zone" again!





1 comment:

Louise Gallagher said...

What a gift to hear your voice!

Hope serenity comes for you -- I avoided the Christmas rush this weekend and immersed myself in the creative process at my easel.

Of course... now I have to get it all done! :)