Saturday, January 21, 2012

When creativity keeps you awake...

In the category of "Be Careful What You Wish For," this little lady wouldn't let me sleep until I finished her last night -- and then she woke me with a song this morning ("When morning gilds the skies, my heart awaking cries...") to let me know I needed to add arms and a border.  So now I'm operating on WAY less sleep than usual, and I have an all-day rehearsal scheduled in a theater with no power.  hmm...

But the good news is I did get some more work done on my presentation yesterday, the most important piece of which is the addition of a slide entitled "What does it mean to play?"
And the answers are: Start where you are, try something new, listen to your heart, struggle with your demons, expect imperfection, and trust the process. 

That may not be my final word, but I'm getting there!

No comments: