Monday, September 21, 2015

Following your heart

After painting those fiery paintings last month, I decided to auction them off to raise money for wildfire relief.  One thing led to another, and now there's a whole event planned for next Sunday, with musicians, and wine, and cheese, and other participating artists, and a talk by the fire department... It's a big deal.

Luckily, I'm not doing it alone -- lots of people have stepped up to help.  But when the opportunity to go to the fire site and hear about recovery plans arose yesterday, I decided to take it.

So my husband and I packed up the dog (and his bed, and his food, and his insulin, and his antibiotics) and piled it all into the car and headed for Chelan.  The meeting was full of useful information, and the drive, as you can see, was spectacularly gorgeous.

Sometimes you just have to follow your heart -- and you never quite know where it will lead you!

No comments: