Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Awash in good intentions

I love the way this picture makes me feel. Something about the grandeur of the scene, and the relative smallness of the walker and his dog helps me breathe more easily. Perhaps that's because it serves as a reminder that I am not in control, that the world and all that happens in it are way bigger than I am; that I can't ever really know what's hiding behind that cloudy space we call the future. Knowing that, it's easier to accept that I can't fix everything: I can only do the best I can with what I know, and trust that somehow good intentions will resonate outward into hope...

2 comments:

Maureen said...

A beautiful image, and your words go deep.

Janet Tarbox said...

This somber and beautiful photograph also reminds me that the earth and all of creation has been here a long time -- before I arrived -- and that it will continue to be for a long time -- after I am long gone. The sturdy, the timeless, helps me not take myself so seriously.