Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Asking for help

Oy.  I hate to think what my cellphone bill will be this month: I've spent way too much time over the last day or so attempting to activate posting from my cell; it's still not working.

But here's the post I've been trying to send from my cell:

If you've been feeling a little deflated lately, I encourage you not to be afraid to ask for help.  Here are some helpful words from Stephen Butterfield, a Zen monk who suffered from a deadly lung disease who writes in Ordinary Magic:

"By having to ask for help, I tune into that inexhaustible bank of kindness that is all-pervasive and unconditional, and feels so good when it comes through us to someone else.  Because of my need, his routine changed: maybe he took another step on the path."

When we ask for help, our need can often prove to be a gift for someone else...

2 comments: