Saturday, April 30, 2011

The wheel of love

I'm sitting in a classroom, waiting for a meeting to start, and thinking about that old Blood Sweat and Tears song, Spinning Wheel -- which begins, "What goes up, must come down.  Spinning wheel, got to go round..."

I thought of that one often when my girls were growing up -- especially when they hit puberty.  Any time one of them was feeling extremely positive and bouncy, it was inevitable she was heading for a fall and there would be tears before 24 hours were up.

So -- having been so cheery yesterday, it shouldn't have surprised me that my mood shifted back today.
It's just a gentle reminder that all those waves of moodiness happen up on the surface of things; that down below it all there's a strong and steady current of love...

... which needs to be shared -- especially with the folks we find hardest to love.  And with that thought in mind, I want to share this wonderful Ted Talk from Elizabeth Lesser, author of The Seekers Guide and founder of the Omega Institute:

No comments: