Friday, May 28, 2010

Opportunities abound

Can I just say this? I LOVE Rumi. Just love him. And he has two brief poems to share with me today -- which I now share with you:

The first is from Roger Walsh's Essential Spirituality:

"Your defects are the ways
that glory gets manifested...
That's where the light enters you."

The second comes from today's entry in A Year With Rumi, and goes like this:

A vine becomes wine
when you say,
"Pressure is necessary to burst open."

So, see? Whatever the stresses and broken places in our lives right now may be, they are also glorious opportunities for the light to burst in.

Now if I can just hold that thought...

5 comments:

Joyce Wycoff said...

Do hold it ... it's a great one. And thanks for sharing it because I need it today, too.

Maureen said...

You may indeed! I love Rumi, too.

Great poems from him today.

Louise Gallagher said...

I love your thoughts today!

Thank you. They are exactly what I needed.

Jan said...

Thank you for these, too.

Kimberly Mason said...

Me me me too!! Squish me! I'm wine! :P

Ha! My word verification is "preen"