Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Navigating by the colors

I seem to be having a little trouble getting off the ground, blog-wise, today. I got caught up playing with the creation process for this image and lost track of my morning -- or was that moorings? -- and then the rest of the day was filled with to-dos and responsibilities.

Our younger daughter is home, preparing for a journey, so that makes three of us in the house, all of whom are navigating unfamiliar transitions. So I suspect this image, and my preoccupation with creating it, is all about avoidance. We are all, each of us, figuring out what we want to do with our lives; all trying to figure out "where the color is" -- our family talk for "what lights up your heart?" Perhaps I just needed to be reminded -- as winter slowly turns the corner into spring -- that color is sometimes buried in some fairly deep and dark places in our lives, not immediately visible to the eye. But it is there, and spring WILL come, and joy -- and the sap of energy -- WILL rise again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool image.
how did you do it?

Diane Walker said...

This was a rope hanging off the side of a boat; yellow on a rusty hull. I just kept copying it over and changing the hue...

Gberger said...

Love this image, and the expression "where the color is." That's new to me.