Saturday, October 17, 2009

Just smile...

I've just returned from a UCC retreat center somewhere south of Port Orchard, where I was kindly invited to do a workshop on the topic of finding God in a chaotic lifestyle.

I had a wonderful time, and met some lovely women, and now I'm home all I really want to do is curl up and take a nap, listening to the steady sound of rain on the skylights.

But one of the things we did near the end of the workshop was to share some of the sounds, sights, tastes and smells of things we loved. It was such fun to hear about things other people loved -- my favorite was "touching a goat's milk sac" -- that I thought I'd share one of my favorite photos from that Miksang workshop I did in Colorado.

It's not that it's a great photo -- or even that I like lollipops. But when I look at this I remember the joy I felt trying to photograph a tray full of brightly colored lollipops, and it makes me smile. So I'm showing it here in hope it will make you smile, too -- cuz smiles are pretty wonderful things. Enjoy!

1 comment:

JoTigger said...

This is a happy photo. Thanks!