Thursday, November 27, 2008

May you be in her tender care

Today we visited the Frank Lloyd Wright-designed Arizona Biltmore Hotel, and there were several of these figures around the property. I love the grace and tenderness of this one, so at odds with its crisp edges and squared features; it's a delightful and surprising contrast. And as I look at her, I think of the people of Mumbai, and ache for their pain and fear and loss.

It's another day without meditation or reading, and again this blog, which I am trying to write in a hotel lobby (the internet doesn't seem to work in our room) is suffering from the lack of preparation, lack of silence, lack of privacy... But I offer this lovely lady as a gesture of Thanksgiving for all of you who continue to read this blog, and who continue to send encouraging words my way, even though there are many of you whom I have never met. I am grateful for your ongoing presence in my life, and I wish you all the best in the year to come.