Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Menucha, Part 2: A Secret Garden

I have been in rehearsals this past month for a musical production of "Secret Garden" -- that wonderful children's book so many of us read long ago.

I've loved the rehearsals: the music is incredibly moving -- rather like the story itself -- and our director has informed us that she sees the whole production as a metaphor for the secret garden that lives within each of us.

So I guess I should not have been surprised, when I went on retreat this weekend, to find that I kept encountering places that, in spite of the cold snows of winter, felt like Secret Gardens to me. So the title song, with its soaring melody, kept rolling through my head:

LILY (Colin's deceased mother) sings:

Come to my garden,
Nestled in the hills.
There I'll keep you safe beside me.

Come to my garden.
Rest there in my arms.
There I'll see you
Safely grown and on your way.

Stay there in the garden,
Where love grows free and wild.
Come to my garden.
Come, sweet child.

COLIN:
Lift me up and lead me to the garden,
Where life begins anew.
Where I'll find you,
And I'll find you love me too.

1 comment:

Charlie Blockhead said...

Congratulations!!! You have been nominated for a 2007 Best Of Blog Award!! Especially designed to bring attention to lower profile bloggers, The BoB’s as we like to call them are currently taking nominations in over 20 different categories. To find out more about how your site has a chance to become one of this year’s Best Of’s and how to nominate other bloggers, visit us at www.thebestofblogs.com. Remember voting begins May 5th so make sure you pass the word to your friends, family, and faithful followers.

Sincerely,
Bill Beck
Project Mgr.
www.TheBestOfBlogs.com
Email:Bloggerbeck@aol.com