Friday, May 24, 2013

Last chance to buy the Alphabet

For several years now the Contemplative Photographer's Alphabet I developed has been traveling the country as an exhibit.  Though the pieces are very sturdy, one got crushed in shipment about a year ago, and when I went to replace it it turned out the company is using a completely different process now and the pieces are much more expensive to produce.

So rather than continue to store them between travels and pay to replace the pieces as they break down under travel stress, I've decided to sell them off.  They've just returned from their last exhibit, during which time ten of the 26 letters were sold -- which leaves 16 more available for purchase.

You can visit the exhibit on my Picasa site.  If there's one you'd like to purchase, email me at drw@bainbridge.net -- I've discovered Paypal works perfectly for selling artwork, so that's my method of choice.  They're going for $75 apiece, or you can buy two and get one free.  They're lightweight, canvas-wrap prints, approximately 13 x 19, mounted on foam core boxes about an inch deep.

And -- just so you know -- you can get the whole set bound in a book for considerably less money!  To buy the book, wander over to Blurb.com and search for Contemplative Photographer's Alphabet if this link doesn't work.

Thanks for putting up with this commercial message!  Perhaps -- while I'm writing in a commercial vein -- now would be a good time to mention that almost all of my paintings will be on exhibit in June: three were juried in to the Edmonds Art Festival, held every year on Fathers Day Weekend; nine are going to the Bainbridge Arts and Crafts Gallery for their June show, "Setting Sail: Artists at Sea," which opens with a reception from 6-8pm Friday June 7, and another 15 are hanging at the http://www.mayawholehealth.com/ in Renton.

Lord only knows where I'll put them all when they all come back home to roost! Another reason to sell the Alphabet; I'll be needing the storage space...

Again -- thanks for listening.  Tomorrow I promise to be back to business as usual --- i.e., no business, just being... Quiet.

2 comments:

Jan said...

These are beautiful! I would like to buy the one of daffodils, so I'll go back and see what to do. Thanks.

Maureen said...

Congratulations on the paintings being juried in. Wonderful affirmation.