Thursday, June 7, 2012

Que Sera, Sera

I'm mounting a new exhibit next week at a local country club -- a venue I've not been in before -- and they've pretty much given me carte blanche; I can show whatever I like.

It's a bit like putting a microphone in front of someone's face and asking them to "say something funny;" there's a sort of freeze that happens...

But I've decided -- given that I've grown inexplicably tired with all the experimenting I've done over the past couple of years -- to go with what makes me feel good; the shots I've done which bring a softening and peaceful feeling; images like this one -- simple, still, gentle, full of light.

I'm also thinking it might be fun to see if I can create paintings that go with them, though, given that my family will be arriving back from their road trip today, I have no idea whether I'll be able to find time to paint over the next week or so. Things might be a little crazy around here. 

As Doris Day said -- Que sera, sera; whatever will be, will be!

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Wonderful image, Diane. Congratulations on the show!

Louise Gallagher said...

What a beautiful photo -- and yes, it deserves a painting to express it in another way!